Life has felt a bit serious lately and I’ve had enough of that! It’s time for some weirdness. If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you know I like to spice things up with quirky stuff every now and then – like in The Silly Stuff Challenge.
So I have a question for you. Are you weird? Please say yes! We need fun and uniqueness – not stuffiness – in this world.
I am a bit strange, a fact that I’ve come to really like. So I’m going to put myself out there and share some random facts / odd stuff about me. Then I’m going to ask you to share too!
- One of my favourite things is dancing crazily around the living room with my boys to songs like “I Like to Move It” and “YMCA.”
- My sister and I used to drive our brother nuts on family road trips. We’d sing with abandon to whatever cassette tape* our parents had on – Abba, Anne Murray, The Carpenters, Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand – he couldn’t stand it. muah ha ha!! [wicked cackle]
*yes, cassette tape. If you don’t know what that is [*sigh*] you can read about it here.
- My family – my dad in particular – tells the corniest jokes and comes out with the worst puns ever. I tried my best to wean myself of it, but anytime I’m near my dad, the groaners seem to pop out of my mouth against my will.
- I got migraines a lot as a kid, and they usually wouldn’t go away until I threw up a bunch of times. One time in grade 2 when I had a migraine, the principal brought me home because my Mom didn’t drive. As soon as we pulled into the driveway, I threw up all over the seat. Oops.
- I experienced a decade-long case of motion sickness as a kid. Because of that, it was best (for everyone) if I avoided motion simulator rides. Here‘s a post about an embarrassing bus ride in Spain.
- I’ve often been caught singing when I didn’t even realize it, like when browsing in stores. (not belting out show tunes, mind you, but singing nonetheless)
- When I worked in a corporate environment, I used to hide outside my coworker’s closed office door and bounce a stuffed animal in front of her window to make her laugh. Not exactly professional, but sometimes we needed to lighten things up a bit.
- I love Christmas. So much so that when I was a kid I used to sing Christmas carols loudly when I hung out at the mall with my friends. Which wouldn’t be that strange if it weren’t August.
Okay, enough weird facts about me. What about you? It’s time to let out your inner weirdness (um… I mean uniqueness). What’s a little-known or strange fact about you? Please… don’t make me stand alone in my strangeness!!