Are You Weird?

Are you weird - 550

Life has felt a bit serious lately and I’ve had enough of that! It’s time for some weirdness.  If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you know I like to spice things up with quirky stuff every now and then – like in The Silly Stuff Challenge.

So I have a question for you.  Are you weird?  Please say yes!  We need fun and uniqueness – not stuffiness – in this world.

I am a bit strange, a fact that I’ve come to really like.  So I’m going to put myself out there and share some random facts / odd stuff about me.  Then I’m going to ask you to share too!

• One of my favourite things is dancing crazily around the living room with my boys to songs like “I Like to Move It” and “YMCA.”
  • My sister and I used to drive our brother nuts on family road trips.  We’d sing with abandon to whatever cassette tape* our parents had on – Abba, Anne Murray, The Carpenters, Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand – he couldn’t stand it.  muah ha ha!! [wicked cackle]
    *yes, cassette tape. If you don’t know what that is [*sigh*] you can read about it here.
  • My family – my dad in particular – tells the corniest jokes and comes out with the worst puns ever. I tried my best to wean myself of it, but anytime I’m near my dad, the groaners seem to pop out of my mouth against my will.
  • I got migraines a lot as a kid, and they usually wouldn’t go away until I threw up a bunch of times.  One time in grade 2 when I had a migraine, the principal brought me home because my Mom didn’t drive.  As soon as we pulled into the driveway, I threw up all over the seat.  Oops.
  • I experienced a decade-long case of motion sickness as a kid. Because of that, it was best (for everyone) if I avoided motion simulator rides.  Here‘s a post about an embarrassing bus ride in Spain.
  • I’ve often been caught singing when I didn’t even realize it, like when browsing in stores.  (not belting out show tunes, mind you, but singing nonetheless)
  • When I worked in a corporate environment, I used to hide outside my coworker’s closed office door and bounce a stuffed animal in front of her window to make her laugh.  Not exactly professional, but sometimes we needed to lighten things up a bit.
  • I love Christmas.  So much so that when I was a kid I used to sing Christmas carols loudly when I hung out at the mall with my friends. Which wouldn’t be that strange if it weren’t August.

Okay, enough weird facts about me.  What about you?  It’s time to let out your inner weirdness (um… I mean uniqueness).  What’s a little-known or strange fact about you?  Please… don’t make me stand alone in my strangeness!!

About Christine

Positive thinker. Writer. Lover of travel and adventure, oceans and mountains, and the energy of a big city. Oh, and deep belly laughs, sappy movies and spirited conversations. Believer in limitless human potential.
This entry was posted in Children, Inspiration, Life, Motherhood, Parenting, Self-care, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Are You Weird?

1. Kat says:

Thank you for this amusing trip down Weird Lane! I needed some weird in my life! 3 weird facts to share: I have accidently flooded my parents house TWICE (yes, I stayed grounded a lot), every morning when I get up and about to walk my dog I ask her if she is ready to speak English today…I’m convinced one day she will, but usually she just yawns in her dog language. I am 30 and like Justin Beiber songs. I think that about seals the weird.

• Christine says:

Kat, you rock! Love it. I especially love your question to your dog each morning. And you know what? Maybe one day she WILL speak English! (keep me posted).

2. alfoss1540 says:

Christine, I knew we were kindred spirits when I came across your blog a while back. Your revelation here about Christmas also confirms it all. I start listening to Christmas songs in October. Joy to the World. There’s another one out there!

• Christine says:

Yay!! Thanks for letting me know I’m not the only one! 🙂 Love your BrighterSide viewpoint as well. Thanks so much for commenting. Yes, it’s time to celebrate our strangeness!

3. ksdancer says:

This article was great. At least now I know I’m not the “only one”. My boyfriend and friends say I’m weird. One friend says I’m weird and a nerd and that’s my charm. I say, “I’m unique” and I love it! Yes, I sing in the car at the top of my lungs (even in Spanish even though I don’t know Spanish), I believe in law of attraction, I talk to my guide every day (even demanding his help), I talk to my cat, I love Star Trek and hot rod cars….the list goes on. And I’m PROUD to be “weird”. Makes life much more enjoyable!

• Christine says:

Nope, you are NOT the only one!! And I too have attempted to sing in other languages. It may not be pretty, but who cares?! Your list is awesome, I love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing. 🙂 Btw, cool that you know your guide is male.

4. Pingback: Random weirdness | Serenity is a fuzzy belly

5. majagray says:

Love this blog post – As I truly believe that we are ALL weird – and that is a good thing!! I could relate to each and every one of your stories….thank you for sharing!! I am always the first to laugh at myself when I catch myself doing something silly…or in my case goofy!!

• Christine says:

Yep, I agree – we’re all weird!! And those who say they’re not are lying! 😉 We all have at least SOME weirdness in us. Oh, and I’m the first to laugh at myself too – it makes life more fun! Why take ourselves so seriously?! Thanks so much for commenting!

6. Mercineandbill@powergate.ca says:

Hey, I can,t sing as beautiful as Christine, but as I was the only one at home,(no silbings) I would sing and dance all the time. I always had a class of children( Don,t know why I didn’t go in for a teacher, loved kids. ( volunteered as T.A for years). A couple of years ago my daughter-.Law from Airdrie and I went to Abba, (As a young mom I was busy with family and this group passed me by.) Her and I loved it and sang all the way home.

• Christine says:

I love this!!! I never knew you loved to sing and dance – that brought a huge smile to my face. You would have made a wonderful teacher – all the kids you’ve encountered in life have been graced with your wisdom and love of life! Hee hee – love that you and J. sang all the way home – there’s something about Mamma Mia that brings out the joy, eh?

7. Linda Ursin says:

Yes I am, if you don’t find a multi-creative heathen witch normal, that is 😀

8. Christine says:

🙂

9. Pingback: Time to Drop the Mask - By Christine Callahan-Oke | Live Through The Heart