Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~ Robert Brault
You know those days where the least little thing annoys you? Where it takes nothing to set you off? That’s what my last week has been like, on and off.
Yes – I’ve been cranky lately. Not hormonal, not particularly angry with anyone, just really grumpy. And it’s weird, because I typically see the silver lining pretty easily.
But lately, grrrr….
So, it’s time for a reality check. Instead of stewing about things that have been irritating me, it’s time to give my head a shake and look at the great stuff in my life. And there’s so much of it. I used to do this daily, but lost track of it over the past little while.
So here are some of the things I’m grateful for today:
– My six-year-old recently telling me he’d like to marry me
– Yesterday’s challenging yoga class
– Great neighbours
– Cooler weather the last couple of days
– The yummy juice my husband and I have been making. Today: kale, parsley, carrots, lemon, apples, beet, cucumber. (Thankfully, it tastes better than it sounds)!
– An upcoming family reunion where my boys will have the chance to meet lots of their relatives
– The recent chaos that my littlest one has been bringing to our days, because it means he’s active, inquisitive and healthy
– An upcoming collaboration I’m really excited about
– Our beautiful and affectionate cat, Bella
And many, many other things.
It’s amazing. When I take the time to really think about things I’m grateful for – big or small – it snaps me out of a nasty mood and shifts my perspective.
Gratitude. It’s an awesome thing.
And, importantly, thank YOU for taking the time to read this – it means so much!
What are YOU grateful for today?